Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Teacher Story Linky Party!

Since blogging this summer, I really enjoy joining a great Linky Party!  (even if my teenage daughter likes to make fun of me, I know it just really means she loves me)  So I have decided to join Janaye at Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes for her My Teacher Story Linky Party.





Tales of Frogs & Cupcakes

So here is my Teacher Story:

I remember wanting to be a teacher or a ballerina when I was 4 years old.  (good thing I chose being a teacher considering my coordination and gracefulness)  I was the oldest of 3 girls.  Being the oldest had its advantages.  I would make my younger sisters "play school" all of the time.  Of course, since I was the oldest, I was the teacher and they were the students.  I would make them do worksheets.  Sometimes my mom would buy me textbooks at garage sales and I would assign my sisters pages to do in them.  I also did a lot of babysitting when I was a teenager.  Then I was a camp counselor during the summer between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college.  (If you know how much I love the "outdoors and nature" you would understand how much I love working with kids to have taken this job.)  After so much time playing school and working with kids, I knew when I went to college I would become a teacher.  Lucky for me, writing lesson plans and working with kids came very naturally to me.

So my road to becoming a teacher wasn't a very exciting one and didn't have too many twists or turns, but I know it is my calling.  I feel truly blessed that I can wake up every day and do something that I love to do.

Thank you for taking the time to visit with me today.




3 comments:

Jennifer K. said...

I bet your sister were so happy to do worksheets for you lol! I love that your mom was so supportive of your goals :)

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Cindy said...

I used to ask the teacher for all of her extra worksheets and I would take them home and make my brother complete them. He was five years younger and didn't enjoy this very much. I have awarded you a blog award. I love your fabulous rainbow design.
Come on by to pick it up.
KindergartenLove.

Janaye said...

I'm glad you get to play school for real now!! Thanks for linking up! :)

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

Post a Comment