Friday, July 11, 2014

My First Five for Friday (and my first post in FOREVER)

Welcome Back!!!

This is my very first Five for Friday and my first blog post in a very loooonnngggg time.  I'm not sure what happened but I had a very difficult time finding time to blog during the school year last year.  I'm going to try to launch my blog one more time.  Hopefully, I can find more time to blog this year (especially this summer).  So, I'm on vacation on a beach in Indiana right now.  

Here goes my very first Five for Friday:


Click {here} to join the linky party.





My whole family and I are at a cottage on a beach on Lake Michigan.  Here is a picture of our wonderful view.

Pretty spectacular, huh?



While here, my family and I spent an afternoon at the local zoo.  Here is a picture of my youngest daughter feeding the goats.  I guess even at 17 years old, you aren't too old to still like to feed the animals.



While we are on vacation, my oldest turned 20.  It doesn't seem possible that he is not even a teenager anymore.



Of course, I couldn't just stop working while we are on vacation.  So here is a little peek at a new packet that I am working on.  The students need to find the letters that match the "spy kid's" shirt and mark it however you want them to, with a Bingo marker, a small eraser or by coloring it in.  I hope to have these done in both black and white and color.



I love to read, so for this trip, I brought along a book I have been trying to read all school year, "The Book Whisperer".  I am almost finished with it.  I love the concept of giving students free time to read during the school day.  I am just trying to figure out how this applies to my kindergarten classroom.  As I explore how to do it this school year, I hope to bring you along on my journey.  If you use this concept in your lower grade classroom please share your ideas.




Thanks for joining me on my first Five for Friday trip.  I promise to post again soon.





1 comments:

Deb Maxwell said...

I'm also finally getting around to reading the Book Whisperer! I'm loving it!
Deb
Not very fancy

Post a Comment