Saturday, August 20, 2011

We Give Books

I wanted to share with you a website I found out about when I was at the IRA conference in Chicago two years ago.  It is called We Give Books.  It is totally FREE!  You sign up for an account.  Then you choose a charity.  Each time you  read a book online, the Penguin Group and the Pearson Foundation give a book to the charity that you chose.  This is a wonderful way to introduce students to give to charity by having them choose which charity to give books to.  


Since it is Back-to-School time they have several back-to-school books for you to share with your students.  There is Llama,Llama Misses Mama and The Night Before First Grade.  What a great way to share a book with your students in a different format!  I have a big computer screen in my classroom that I use for sharing these books with my students.


Please check out the website, We Give Books.  


Let me know how you like it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment