Monday, July 18, 2016

Step Away From Your Computer!

Have you heard of FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?  I'm pretty sure as teachers, we experience this on a daily basis.  Who wants to miss a great idea that is being shared on Pinterest or a flash freebie on Facebook?  I don't know about you, but I have a very difficult time shutting down my computer or not looking at my phone every little bit.  

However, I have 2 children who are both in college.  I blinked and they grew up.  So, I know our family time isn't as plentiful as it used to be and it will probably be less in the future. This summer, my husband and I are trying to spend as much time as we can with our kids and to be more present during that time. So instead of FOMO this summer, my family is trying to GOMO (going out more often). It isn't easy to find things to do with a teenager and a twenty-something, but we are trying.

We have attended an outdoor program at the art museum that is close by us.  We went with my sisters and their families.




We also visited a part of Ann Arbor (a little over an hour away from us) called Kerrytown. We had an awesome brunch while there and browsed some of the little shops. (Google is your friend.  I found this gem while searching for places to visit in Ann Arbor.)

Flea markets are also a fun place to visit.  We went to a large one at Shipshiwana in Indiana.  I found some great early readers to use in my classroom.

Picnics are a great way to spend time together.  My family and I went to a park that we hadn't been to before.  It was about an hour away.  We bought some Subway and enjoyed some downtime together and nature.

Since our summer isn't over, we are hoping to visit some more places close by in the near future.

I have recently checked out the website Eventbrite. They are promoting the idea of GOMO. It looks like a great website to look for events to go to with my kids.


Not to mention, if you are interested in creating your own event, you can also do that by checking out Eventbrite!

I know as a teacher, it is difficult to turn off you computer, tablet, phone or teacher brain.  But make sure you try to GOMO and relax this summer with your family.  

Thank you for stopping by my little blog!










1 comments:

Clipping Solutions said...

Blog teacher is a very useful and nice looking.Thank you so much for your good sharing.
Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services
background removal service

Post a Comment