Saturday, October 6, 2012

My 2nd Product Swap

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I am very excited to have had the opportunity to join Jessica Stanford's 2nd Product Swap.  I love seeing other bloggers products.

This time I have been paired with Deborah at The Paper Maid.  She has wonderful items for the primary level (not just kindergarten) and many freebies.  Make sure you take time to visit her blog.



The Paper Maid

The product that I am reviewing is her Beginning Sounds and Writing Book.  It has cute illustrations that are black line so that the students can color them in (that is always important to me because my students don't like to color in pictures that have gray parts of them because they were actually in color to begin with).  I found that there were many uses for it in the classroom.

First of all, I have a group of students who need extra practice with identifying beginning sounds.  So I made copies of some of the pages in the book to work on with this small group together.  The students enjoyed looking at the pictures and they were very easy for them to identify.  Since there are only 3 letters for them to pick from that the picture might begin with, it made it easier for my students who are struggling with this skill to be successful.


There is also a space for the students to write the letter.  This gave them extra printing practice, which is always a good thing.

I also printed off the pages, glued them to construction paper and laminated them.  These pages I placed at a center for the students to write on with a dry erase marker.  This provided extra practice with beginning sounds for all of my students.  The students loved using the dry erase markers.  You could also place the pages in page protectors and let the students write on them with the dry erase markers.



Thank you Deborah for being my partner in the Product Swap and for letting me review an item that was so useful in my classroom.

Don't forget to stop by Jessica's blog to see the other wonderful items in the product swap.



Thank you for taking the time to visit today.






0 comments:

Post a Comment